For those of you looking to test your tactical and strategic skills to their limit, the Mentor Legion game club proudly presents the BEST GENERAL CHALLENGE!
Those of you that particpated in the recent Team Event got a sneak preview.
What's this all about? You can play YOUR army well, even win a lot right? But what about your opponent's army? Never played Eldar? Or Tyranids? Maybe they have a different build of Space Marines? Think you can still take top honors playing something else? Think you can do it on the fly?
RULES (every good challenge has some)
1. You *MUST* have a completely painted force of 1850 points, including basing and unit markings (see the scoring listed here for the minimums) - no paint, no play, period;
2. You must have your Codex, a LEGIBLY PRINTED list and preferrably a carrying tray of some sort;
3. All rounds will be 1.5 hours long, remaining time will be called frequently, do not start a game turn unless you are confident BOTH players will each get a COMPLETE turn in the time remaining;
4. First round you will play your force;
5. Second round you will play your OPPONENT'S force;
6. Third and final round, you play the force of the player opposite your standing (so in a 20-player Challenge, #1 plays #20's army, #2 plays #19, #3 plays #18 and so forth);
7. The top 3 players will automatically move on to the semifinals to be held later in 2012, and will be restricted from playing in the following BGC events until the semifinals, though those not qualifying in one BGC may continue to play in the others to get a semifinal seed.
We'd like to see these every 2nd or 3rd month, starting late January 2012, with the semifinal and final happening October and November 2012. Scheduling, and further rules, will be posted below when we reopen this thread.