What: A Charity Warhammer Fantasy Battles Tourney to benefit the Marian House Soup Kitchen
In Oct 2008, we collected 1025 cans. The highest single donation was Mike Tester, at 267 cans. This year, we'll be doing a Foodhammer and a 40K Foodhammer a month apart, and a Foodmachine (Warmachine and Hordes) in the fall. So fight for the highest donation total - this is a chance to PROVE which game has the Better Gamers.
When: 11AM sharp, April 24th, 2010
Where: Gamer's Haven
Tourney Rules2000pt Armies, Special Characters Allowed
3 Rounds Swiss
RT Prizes of some sort (GW negotiations ongoing), plus I’m working on something special for the Biggest Donor Prize.
Entry Donation: 10 canned goods.
Further canned goods may be donated to buy “in game” Rerolls (see Below).
All donations will be counted at the start of the event, and “tickets” given out for each can donated. These can be spent in-game for a variety of effects.
1 Can per Die:
• Reroll a Single set/throw of To Hit Rolls, or To Wound Rolls, or Saves for a unit (incl Champions).
• Reroll a Casting Roll. Miscasts cannot be rerolled this way (see below).
2 Can per Die:
• Reroll a Single set/throw of To Hit Rolls, or To Wound Rolls, or Saves for a Character Model or Monster.
• Reroll a Dispel Roll. Auto-Fail Dispels cannot be rerolled this way.
• Reroll “Partials” to see if models are hit by a Template or Spell on a 4+ or higher.
• Reroll your own Flee or Pursuit Roll. Every subsequent time in the same player-turn this is attempted, the cost is doubled EACH time. (i.e. 10 Cans, 15 cans, 30 cans etc).
• Reroll a Scatter Die and/or distance dice. This can apply to forced movement as well.
• Reroll an Artillery Die.
• Reroll a single Chariot’s number of Impact Hits.
• Reroll dice that indicates the number of multiple wounds taken.
• Reroll a Miscast or Auto-Fail Dispel (reroll ALL dice rolled)
• Reroll a Strength, Toughness, or Initiative Test. Multiples for a unit can be taken at 5 cans per die.
• Reroll any of your own Leadership Tests (whether Psychology or Break Test).
• Reroll your own Set-Up Roll, or who goes first Roll. Once per player.
• Reroll the 4+ Die to see if a judgement call (rules or measuring, etc) goes your way or not.
• Reroll ANY other roll not specified above (Giant’s Attack Choice, Skaven Bell, etc).
General Can Reroll Rules:
• Using Cans to Reroll a Reroll IS Allowed. Subsequent reroll throws must pay the surcharge as listed below.
• Where the cost is “per die” the player picks only and exactly what dice will be rerolled in a single throw. ONLY these type of rerolls can be used to reroll your own dice OR you Opponent’s – others can only reroll YOUR dice.
• Where the cost is “flat”, all dice from the original throw are rerolled.
• Every subsequent time in the same player-turn the same TYPE of reroll is attempted (i.e. per each bulleted item above) in the same Player Turn, the cost is doubled EACH time. I.E>- 1 Can to 2 Cans, 4 cans, 8 cans etc
- 5 to 10 to 20 to 40
• These reroll buys must be used AFTER all rerolls from ANY Game effects have been used.
Guidelines on Canned Goods:
• Within every 10 cans you donate, please do not have more than 3 cans of the same thing. So do not show up with 100 cans of cream corn that cost you 25 cents each.
• Protein canned goods are especially needed.
• Please bring extra boxes if you have them, so it’s easier for us to collect and deliver the cans.
• We will also take donations for blankets, coats, and trial sized personal items like lotion, shampoo, deodorant, and toothbrushes. (Rough “can equivalent” tickets will be given out for these.
PRIZES - If GW doesn't chip in, I'll BUY a Battalion box for the winner...or highest donor...haven't decided yet.
And hey IT"S CHARITY!
SIGN UPS ARE NOW POSTED!